July 20, 2011

Day Two: The Morning After

So, my first full day after starting the Soda&Vinegar routine (with some added lemon water) and I went to work with clean and soft hair! I assumed that I'd wake up and be able to smell the vinegar but still nothing. It was manageable, and by the end of the day hadn't greased up. I even asked a colleague if it looked dirty, different or anything but she couldn't notice anything bad!

The itch hadn't completely gone away, I've had an irritated scalp for a while now. I decided to take the advice of some dedicated non-shampoo'ers, and went shopping for some tea tree oil to add into the mix. I also bought the suggested type of vinegar (I'd used white from my kitchen cupboard on Day 1), and bought some Cornwells Apple Cider Vinegar, some Coles SmartBuy Baking Soda and some Eureka 20% Tea Tree Oil at the supermarket.

I'm not sure whether I was supposed to only wash every second day during the experiment, but to solve the itchy scalp issue sooner rather than later, I decided to wash again on Day 2.

- 1 tsbp baking soda and 250ml warm water, shaken. Rinse.
- Dash of tea tree oil in 250ml warm water, shaken. Rinse.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar in 500ml water, shaken. Rinse.
- Cold water rinse.

The vinegar definitely helps my tangly hair. It doesn't completely get rid of knots, but it's a lot better than when I've used conditioners, even though I assume they'll leave my hair easier to de-tangle.
The smell is again nice and neutral (I should say natural!) and I don't feel like it's dirty without using my previously chosen brands of shampoo and conditioner.

It's still early days, I've been told that I'll possibly start to notice some oilyness after a week or so, which could last for a little while until my hair gets used to this routine. But basically, so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment