September 17, 2011

Losing Count

Well I have absolutely no idea which week I would be up to by now! I'm guessing it's roughly 3 months since I've been shampoo-free (minus the recent "cheat"!).


I'm now on a regular routine of a tea tree oil rinse followed by a vinegar rinse, tiny bit of conditioner optional.

The other night I was at a friend's, and asked for her honest opinion on the condition of my scalp. Since it's hidden under all the hair, I'd hardly thought to take a a look at it. We parted my hair and noticed that there seems to be no flakiness, no real irritation aside from a very slight pink shade in areas. Hardly noticeable, but there all the same. 
I guess I do get the occasional itch now and then, and I'm thinking about doing some research on whether it's actually safe to be using tea tree oil this much on my skin. 


But so far, so good. I leave for a 6 week European holiday in 8 days from now, and having switched to this method months in advance has been great! It takes me way less time to have my hair ready to go out, because I'm even at the point where I can wash and go to bed without waking up to an afro! It's just nice and wavy, especially if I twist it before going to bed. 


The interesting thing will be seeing what the international shower heads do to my hair. I remember last time I was in England, I bought a 2-in-1 head and shoulders shampoo/conditioner, which did not agree with my hair. Combining that with "hard water" as I'm told, was not a good recipe. Luckily I have a few days at my relatives' home to see how it all works over there. If I really find my hair too gunky and looking too limp, I might have to consider changing the routine while I'm away. I certainly don't want to have dirty-looking hair in the photos that will last a lifetime! :)

2 comments:

  1. I would try rubbing coconut oil on your scalp for the irritation. It is amazing what you can use coconut oil for! Then you would need to do the ACV rinse. I would leave the coconut oil on for a few hours before rinsing though, if not overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll try that out :)

    ReplyDelete