September 4, 2011

Cheater?

I think I've just passed the 8 week mark! But, confession: I used a bit of shampoo.


So this goes against what I was trying to do, but it was after a horrible week and a day where I felt my hair was just a little too annoying for my liking. So I gave it one wash with a little bit of Herbal Essences, but still rinsed with my usual ingredients.


I have to admit, it did feel good. Although, my hair was tangled again as soon as I'd used the shampoo. I know now that vinegar fixes this, which has been a benefit over the last 2 months. I don't think doing this one wash has ruined my plan. If anything, it actually pointed out how well my hair now reacts after a shampoo wash. Someone commented on how amazingly shiny my hair is now. And this was a couple of days later as well. The shampoo wash felt nice, but it's not something I necessarily need to do. I've considered a shampoo wash on Sundays, then a week of my now normal routine. 


I definitely haven't given up though, and I've noticed such a great result having given my hair a break from chemicals these past couple of months. It's softer, and as I mentioned through someone else's observation, very shiny.


I've read other people and the general idea seems to be to find something that works for you. In my case, it's a quick rinse of water (600ml) with a few drops of tea tree oil to cleanse the scalp, a rinse of apple cider vinegar in water (still 1 tsbp to 600ml) and if I really feel like it, a bit of conditioner on the ends of my hair.


I'm now alternating between letting it air dry and go wavy, or blowdrying and straightening on occasion. People tend to notice the shine more in straight hair, and I've always loved it that way. But being able to wash my hair, give it a quick comb and run out the door is definitely convenient. I just have to twist it up into a bun for a little while to encourage some curls and after that it actually looks pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment